It’s finally here and official — the Apple tablet. Dubbed the iPad, this thingamajig runs a scaled-up iPhone OS on a custom 1 GHz CPU.
- Runs all iPhone apps
- 9.7 inch multi-touch display
- 0.5 inches thick, 1.5 pounds
- Uses Apple 30-pin Dock Connector
- Humongous on-screen keyboard
- Runs modified version of iWork
- 10-hour battery
- 16-64 GB storage
- Optional wireless with AT&T
- Optional docking station with keyboard
Talking to some teachers, they’d definitely like something like this in the classroom. The question is, can they afford it? And for the regular consumer, is there really that much space between smartphone and computer for this device?
Head over to the Gdgt liveblog for all the juicy details!